Goa Cricket Association organised a formal meeting with it’s affiliated umpires chaired by Mr. Suraj Lotlikar, Hon. President GCA, Mr. Daya Pagi, Hon. Secrtary GCA and Mr. Sujay Netravalkar, (GCA MC member /Umpires Co-ordinator).
The umpires had positive discussions with the Hon. President.
After consultations,the following assurances were given to the umpires:
1. Match fee hike for umpires from the season 2019-20.
2. Umpires will be insured for the upcoming season.
3. Umpires agreed to officiate minimum 10 matches every year.
4. Centralized posting of umpires for matches.(Umpires will have to officiate matches anywhere in Goa)
5. Advance posting will be done so that umpires are available to officiate matches.
6 New Rules/Playing conditions will be framed on the basis of BCCI playing conditions.
The Hon. President advised umpires to work on their fitness. GCA will organize workshops prior to the season 2018-19.
GCA distributed shirts and t-shirts to Umpires present for the meeting.